Two guest elevators in the Med Inn Building will be replaced at a projected cost of $1.1 million. The Med Inn, which was built in 1952 between Mott Childrens and University hospitals, includes a three-story hotel for patients and their families. Albert Kahn Associates will design the project. Funding will be provided from the Hospitals and Health Centers capital fund. Construction is scheduled to be completed in Winter 2003.
The off-campus property at 1108 Lapeer Road in Flint, which includes a one-story building of 11,000 square feet, 81 parking spaces and 3.67 acres of land, will be sold. The building is no longer being used by the University, as the Physical Therapy Program relocated this month to the new William S. White Building. Net proceeds from the sale of the building will be applied to future needs in the new building.