Provost names SI/Library search committees
The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs has appointed two search advisory committeesone to identify dean candidates for the School of Information (SI) and the other to search for a University librarian. The SI committee will present an unranked slate of candidates by winter term 2007, and the University Library committee will report back at the end of fall 2006.
The SI committee chair is Gary Olson, the Paul M. Fitts Professor of Human-Computer Interaction and professor of information. Olson also is a professor of psychology in LSA. Other members of the committee from SI, unless otherwise noted, include:
• Laurie Alexander, senior associate librarian, Library Administration, University Library;
• Jane Dutton, the William Russell Kelly Professor of Business Administration, professor of management and organizations, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, and professor of psychology, LSA;
• Margaret Hedstrom, associate professor of information, SI, and faculty associate, Institute for Social Research;
• Libby Hemphill, doctoral student;
• Judith Lawson, director of academic services;
• Jeffrey MacKie-Mason, the Arthur W. Burks Professor of Information and Computer Systems and professor of information, professor of economics, LSA, and professor of public policy, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy; and
• Paul Resnick, professor of information.
All members of the SI committee may be reached by email using the address: email@example.com.
Former Provost Paul Courant will chair the Search Advisory Committee for the University Librarian. Courant is an Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, professor of economics, LSA, and professor of public policy, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy. Also serving on the committee are:
• Deborah Loewenberg Ball, dean, School of Education, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor and William H. Payne Collegiate Professor of Education;
• Jack Bernard, assistant general counsel, Office of the Vice President & General Counsel, and adjunct professor, Law School;
• Francis Blouin, Jr., director, Bentley Historical Library, professor of information, SI, and professor of history, LSA;
• Jane Blumenthal, director, Health Sciences Libraries, University Library;
• Derek Collins, interim chair, Department of Classical Studies, and associate professor of Greek and Latin, LSA;
• Stephen Darwall, the John Dewey Collegiate Professor of Philosophy, professor of philosophy and director, Honors Program, LSA;
• Daniel Klionsky, professor of biological chemistry, professor of molecular, cellular and developmental biology, LSA, and research professor, Life Sciences Institute;
• Martin Knott, associate librarian and head, Cataloging Support Services, University Library;
• Barbara MacAdam, librarian and head, Reference and Instruction and interim head, Science Libraries, University Library; and
• David Mendez, associate professor of health management and policy, School of Public Health.
For comments or questions about the search contact all members by e-mail via: firstname.lastname@example.org.