Redesigned UHR Web site offers easier navigation
The new University Human Resources Web Gateway was designed and includes more user-friendly options, featured videos and RSS feeds.
The site, www.hr.umich.edu, was developed using feedback from faculty and staff, Business & Finance customer surveys, Web site usability surveys, Voices of the Staff members and visitor statistics from the previous UHR site.
Special emphasis was placed on easier navigation options:
• Navigation by services used: The main navigation list on the left of the site is organized by the types of services most used by University customers and job-seekers
• The “HR A-Z,” index of topics: A growing list of alphabetized items
• Google search: Set up to search within UHR Web pages
• Service area unit names: A link at the top right lists all UHR units
New features include:
• Increased visibility for UHR announcements on current issues
• Featured videos and Web sites on the homepage
• RSS feeds, which allow users to subscribe to a service that announces when significant new information is posted