The Mens Glee Club is sponsoring a contest for a new Michigan songnot to replace The Victors or any other existing school song, Marx explains, but to show that Michigan spirit is alive and well.
The Club is offering a $100 prize for the best entry, which must be received by Sept. 1. The rules:
1. Competition is open to all composers, lyricists and songwriting teams.
2. In the spirit of its 134-year tradition, the Mens Glee Club is seeking a new song which captures the unique aspects of the Michigan experience. Songs considered representative of this tradition include
Tis of Michigan We Sing, A Toast to Michigan, I Want to Go Back to Michigan, Ann Arbor Days, The Yellow and the Blue, Varsity and The Victors.
3. Songs are acceptable with or without accompaniment.
4. Entries should be set for male voices (tenor, tenor, bass, bass).
5. Entries will be judged by a panel including the Mens Glee Club conductor and faculty adviser. The winning song may be premiered at the 1993 Mens Glee Club fall concert at Hill Auditorium.
6. Submit entries by Sept. 1 to the Mens Glee Club, 1500 Student Activities Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109.