The University Record, March 25, 1997
Sculpture stands in memory of early profs
Cenotaph, built in 1845, stands at the southeast corner of the Graduate Library in memory of four of the U-M's earliest professors. Three of them died prematurely, symbolized by the break in the column. The sculpture was completed in 1845, at a cost of $130.48.
Photo by Bob Kalmbach