The University Record, December 6, 1999

For the record . . .

The Nov. 22 obituary of Regent Emeritus Alfred B. Connable Jr. incorrectly stated that the U-M Detroit Observatory was moved to Ann Arbor from Detroit. The observatory, named by President Henry P. Tappan to reflect the city of its major benefactors, was constructed in 1854 where it currently stands.