PTS asks that lots be cleared for football parking
Parking & Transportation Services (PTS) and the Athletic Department again are asking for employees’ assistance, as they work to provide parking for the 2011 U-M football season that kicks off Saturday.
They request that all personal and university vehicles be parked at off-site locations away from the Michigan Stadium area by 11 p.m. each Friday prior to home football games. Any vehicles in lots after 11 p.m. will be subject to towing.
There are eight home games this year:
• Sept. 3 — Western Michigan
• Sept. 10 — Notre Dame
• Sept. 17 — Eastern Michigan
• Sept. 24 — San Diego State
• Oct. 1 — Minnesota
• Oct. 29 — Purdue
• Nov. 19 — Nebraska
• Nov. 26 — Ohio State
The lots to be vacated by all vehicles are:
• SC2 — Blue lot between Keech and Hoover streets
• SC3 — Service Center at Administrative Services Building
• SC4 — Yellow lot on Kipke Drive
• SC5 — Yellow lot on Kipke Drive
• SC6 — Orange lot west of Kipke Drive
• SC7 — Orange lot east of Kipke Drive
• SC9 — Yellow (Coliseum) lot at Hill and Division streets
• SC11 — U-M Business Vehicle lot on Hoover Street at the Physical Properties Building *
• SC12 — Blue lot on Greene Street
• SC13 — Blue lot on Greene Street
• SC14 — Blue lot at Hoover and Greene streets
• SC32 — Visitor lot on Greene Street
• SC35 — Yellow lot between Keech and Hoover streets
• SC36 — Orange lot at Keech and Main streets **
• SC37 — Blue lot on Hoover at Revelli Hall
• SC38 — Yellow lot at Division and Hill streets
• SC41 — Orange lot on Hoover Street
On-call staff and staff with regular work schedules on Saturdays will be accommodated on South Campus whenever possible. With as much advance notice as possible, please email PTS (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the names of those working and the dates. The football coordinator will confirm their parking arrangements by return email. Contact PTS at 647-3615 for help identifying alternative parking locations for U-M vehicles.
Employees working on U-M’s South Campus on Saturdays before, during or after home football games should be aware that Keech Street, at the north end of Michigan Stadium, will be closed to all traffic, except emergency vehicles, two hours before kick-off until approximately one hour after the game ends. In addition, Greene Street south of Hoover Street will be one-way southbound until the game ends.
Access to Greene south of Hoover will be restricted to vehicles with football game parking permits for the Blue lots and Lot SC32 (corner of Greene and Hoover). However, Blue lot permit-holders are urged to enter the lots from the south on East Stadium Boulevard rather than from the north. Greene will be closed post-game to facilitate pedestrian traffic. Consequently, Kipke Drive and the parking lots south and west of Kipke Drive will be one-way southbound at the end of each game.
For a map of the affected lots, go to www.pts.umich.edu/maps/central_south.pdf.
* In SC11, it is especially important to remove U-M vehicles, because this is where staff working on Saturdays will park.
** On home game weekends, the eastern half (cemented area) of SC36 will be closed to parkers from 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday, except for the first game when the eastern half will be closed starting at 7 a.m. on Thursday.