Reaction and related news from around the university
• Experts from across U-M respond to U.S. Supreme Court health care reform.
• Legal experts at the Law School responded to the Supreme Court decision as a proper outcome under the law.
• A scholarly paper authored by Law School Dean Evan Caminker was cited in one of the health care opinions released Thursday.
• A statement released by the U-M Health System said the court's decision ensures more Americans will have health insurance and access to timely care – while reducing hospitals' burden of uncompensated care.
• Dr. Ora Pescovitz, executive vice president for medical affairs and CEO of UMHS, offers an initial reaction to the ruling in her blog, Medicine That Speaks.
• Marianne Udow-Phillips, director of the Center for Healthcare Research & Transformation, says the decision made for a remarkable day in health care in America.
• UMHS shared various experts' views of the ruling on its Twitter feed.
• Download a PDF version of the Supreme Court's ruling on the Affordable Care Act.