Coleman appoints OGC search advisory committee
Hage to lead general counsel’s office during search>
President Mary Sue Coleman has appointed a search advisory committee to identify finalists for the next vice president and general counsel.
Christina Whitman, the Francis A. Allen Collegiate Professor of Law and professor of women's studies, will chair the committee that will conduct a national search to identify candidates for the position.
Vice President and General Counsel Marvin Krislov will step down from his position Aug. 3 to become president of Oberlin College in Ohio. Gloria Hage, associate vice president and deputy general counsel, will serve as interim vice president, pending approval by the Board of Regents at the July 19 meeting.
Other members of the search advisory committee include:
• Valerie Castle, chair, Department of Pediatrics, and professor of pediatrics-hematology/oncology, Medical School
• Robert Fiske, Jr., alumnus, Law School, and partner, Davis Polk, and Wardwell, New York City
• Bruce Frier, the Frank O. Copley Collegiate Professor of Classics and Roman Law; professor of classics, Department of Classical Studies, LSA, and the Henry King Ransom Professor of Law and Professor of Law, Law School
• E. Royster Harper, vice president for student affairs
• David Munson, the Robert J. Vlasic Dean of Engineering and professor of electrical engineering and computer science, College of Engineering
• Laura Patterson, associate vice president for Administration Information Systems and leadership and administrative lead, Michigan Administration Information Services
• Judith Van Horn, associate athletic director
The committee welcomes suggestions or nominations for candidates by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Lisa Jeffreys Connolly, Office of the President, 2048 Fleming Administration Building, Ann Arbor, Mich. 48109-1340. Information can be faxed to (734) 936-3529.